Friday, November 20, 2009

Willow with Turkey



I finally have a new card to show y'all. I finished my design work last night. Thank you for being patient with me while I worked on it. It was fun reading your comments on who you thought I was designing for. BTW, Tammi was the only person to contact me with the correct answer. She knows me so well :) Are you still curious? I have been busy working on designs for the new Whipper Snapper release which is right around the corner!!!!! Wait until you see the uber cute images that are about to come out. I had a blast playing with them. I mailed in 26 cards yesterday and I hope to work on more in the coming weeks because there are many more images that I still want to use. So, I will have plenty to share with you once they are released.

Are y'all ready for Thanksgiving?? It's my favorite holiday. I love getting everyone together and cooking a big meal. We have family starting to arrive tomorrow so it will be great spending time with them. I need to make a massive list and get to the grocery store soon. Already got our turkeys though - .40 @ HEB with a $10 purchase - SCORE! We got 3 :) My guys wake up crazy early and smoke them outside. We always have plenty of extras, but I LOVE having leftover turkey stocked up in the freezer to use during the winter season. Ross even makes turkey jerky too. YUM!!! Sorry, I'm getting excited over the food - imagine that. There was a point to my whole turkey thought - this card! Tammi sent me this super cute Whiff of Joy image and it just doesn't get more perfect than that for Thanksgiving. Don't you just love Willow's whispy hair? My hair blows in the wind, but never looks that cute. I hope she protects that little baby turkey too. When I was little, I thought we got a pet turkey until Thanksgiving rolled around and I found out the wrong way when the guys strung it up and butchered it in the backyard. YES, simply terrifying and traumatic for a young girl!!!! Gosh, I'm chatty today. See, I missed y'all! Anyways .... I colored Willow with Copics. So lovin' those Autumn colors. I followed Mojo 113 for the layout and yes I will be saving it in my favorite sketch folder. Happy Thanksgiving and thank you so very much for visiting my blog and especially for leaving comments!!!! Have a wonderful weekend.

Stamps: Willow with baby turkey, Verve sentiment
Paper: Heidi Grace Designs pattern paper, Chocolate Chip, TAC whtie, More Mustard, Creamy Caramel , Scarlet Jewel (PTI)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Copics: E31, 33, 29, 00, 11, 21, 25, 51, 53, 19, Y11, 21, 26, YR12, 14, YG91, 93, 95, R20, 39
Other: paper piercer, Chocolate polytwill, label punch, brads from my stash

8 comments:

Danni said...

Oh how fun to design for Whipper Snapper! Can't wait to see the new releases and your wonderful creations!!
This is a gorgeous card, I adore your coloring!! Wonderful job!

Jennifer ♥ said...

Love this Willow image!! I can't wait to see what you've created for Whipper Snapper - I KNOW it will be fabulous!! Congrats on such an awesome project :)

Tammi said...

Oh Kim it's CUTE! Great paper and I like your sentiment! Ack on the pet turkey trauma! AND NO CLARK!!! Emailing now! :)

Steph said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the autumnal colours x

Rachel Hope said...

Adorable!!! Love the paper and colors!!

Anna said...

Kim! So pretty! I haven't colored in my image yet! I need too! The recipe looks yummy too! Gonna have to try them! The pasta sounds yummy!

Michelle said...

Oh so glad to see a Kim creation! Your card is beautiful - I'm loving the colors and your coloring with Copics is AWESOME!! Thank you for putting the Copic #'s in your post. It helps people like me practice so maybe one day my creations will look oh so good!! Yeah for Whipper Snapper - can't wait to see your fabulous creations!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty fall card, she is so sweet. Great coloring.