Sunday, November 22, 2009

More New Recipes


I've tried out some more new recipes recently that I wanted to pass along to you. First up we tried a recipe from Tasty Kitchen called Klingon Chicken. I know the name is silly, but don't let that distract you. It's baked chicken, but the kicker is it's breaded in crushed Doritos. Who wouldn't love that. It was super easy to whip up and Ross went nuts over it. The Doritos gave it a great crunch and kept the chicken moist while it baked. That combined with a little Ranch to dip it in and you have a great flavor combo. I'm told it was still crunchy the next day! We try to have at least 2 meatless meals a week and I've found some great recipes lately. We tried out The Pioneer Woman's Spaghetti with Artichoke Hearts and Tomatoes. Sigh!! Pasta + artichokes + cream sauce = simply divine. It was a quick meal to make, but it would please a crowd. I love the little hint of nutmeg in with the sauce. I think next time I might add few capers. Last, but certainly not least is Paula Deen's Mexican Vegetable Casserole (pictured above). It includes onions, corn, black & ranch style beans, & tomatoes with green chilies. All of that is sandwiched between layers of corn tortillas. Plus you mix Cheddar cheese with sour cream and Neufchatel for a great topping between the layers. But my favorite ingredient was the chopped zucchini. It was a fabulous meal that we enjoyed again the next day. You can find the recipe in the Nov. - Dec. issue of Cooking with Paula Deen. Trust me, you need it!

3 comments:

Jennifer ♥ said...

I love when you post recipes :)

I have been craving corn tortillas like you wouldn't believe recently. I'll have to try out that last recipe. I'm proud of you for having meatless meals!

Now I'm hungry...

Stacy Morgan said...

ACK... This looks totally YUMO! Gonna check this out...

Tammi said...

Oh wow, that looks yummy!!! I'm so hungry, Scott just went to Sonic, but I'm wishing I had some of this!