Saturday, July 30, 2011
12 Month Update
Sorry for the delay posting this month's update. It has been a busy, hectic month. We got moved into our new house and then encountered a few hiccups. Couldn't get Internet/cable for 19 days, had a raccoon living above Charlotte's room - damaging our home for 2 weeks, irrigation lines were severed killing our new landscape and 2 days before we were to sign on off on our old house - the buyer's loan got rebuked and our home went back onto the market. Thats just to name a few challenges.Thankfully our old house is under contract again, but talk about stress!!! Dealing with all of that while trying to unpack has been draining. I'm so happy Charlotte was by my side, being a clown and making me laugh constantly. I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that I have a one year old. Let me catch you up. At 12 months Charlotte .......
This is her reaction when you ask her how old she is!
- is still a great eater. She's usually the first to start and the last one to finish a meal. She still makes a "nomnomnom" noise while she eats. She's mainly on solid foods now. I've enjoyed feeding her what we eat. The new foods she tried out this month were: tomatoes, pinto beans, edamame, grapes, and cherries ( don't fret, she just gets the inside flesh on those last two). Her favs are beans, peas, smoked turkey, watermelon and meatloaf. I've nursed her exclusively these past 12 months, but will start weening her now. Can't believe I lasted that long!!!
- has become quite the little mimic. She repeats words, sounds and actions constantly. When asked, she knows how to blow and say shhhh with her finger on her nose. If you ask her if something is yuck, she'll mumble and stick her tongue out repeatedly. If something stinks, she'll wrinkle her nose and wave her hand in the air while sniffing. She can now tell you what a cow, dog, cat and monkey says. My fav is a dog. Instead of saying woof, woof, she pants!!!! Her newest words are baby and "wooooooow". It's said just like that too. She really exaggerates
when she says it.
- is still obsessed with pointing out body parts - especially belly buttons. She can now locate her: ears, eyes, nose, hair,teeth, belly button, feet and toes. My darling husband also taught her to locate her tongue. You ask her "taco tongue" and she sticks her tongue out before attempting to fold it together like a taco.
- continues to love reading. We read Little Blue Truck and Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You at least 8 times a day. Charlotte is constantly crawling in our laps and asking us to sing The Itsy Bitsy Spider. She twists her little fingers together inches from your face until you begin singing.
- is still my social butterfly. She continues to wave to everyone we pass when we're out and about. I love seeing everyone's reactions when they notice her. I believe she brightens up a lot of people's days. She is also my little cuddle bug. She snuggled up next to you while reading, loves blowing and giving kisses and always passes out hugs - either to us or to her toys!
- has already mastered climbing the stairs. She gets excited when we open the gate and let her climb up to the play area. She often sticks her hand between the railing - waving and giggling as we head up. She is a great little pretender. She has a little tea set that she'll pour up and offer to you. I love watching her play.
- is obsessed with her Little Tikes Cozy Coupe!! We got her one for her birthday and she crawls in it begging to be pushed around the house a few times daily. I gotta admit, it's quite cute!
We celebrated Charlotte's first birthday last Sunday. We had a house full of family and friends. We enjoyed a fajita cookout and had fun watching the birthday girl. The theme was Look Whooo's Turning One. I think she needs to wear a tutu every day now. She looked so cute crawling around in it. I made her a huge cupcake carrot cake. She took a few nibbles, but mostly just had fun playing with the icing.
It has been a fantastic 12 months. I'm going to miss my tiny, little baby girl, but I'm so looking forward to watching her become an active toddler. She has truly brought so much joy to our lives. Thank you for all of your sweet comments this year and for following along with our updates.