Monday, March 15, 2010

Ruffles Birdwatching


I was digging around in my box of images that have sweetly been sent my way over the years when I stumbled across this one - Ruffles Birdwatching by Stampavie. Debbie sent it to me quite some time ago, but I immediately snatched it up to put to good use. It's perfect for a Spring card with those little chicks and the daffodils. Ruffles is a cutie too. I had fun coloring this image. I added some Stardust Stickles to the middle of each daffodil. The paper is the Cafe Mediterranean matstack from DCWV. The blue background has some embossing on it that adds a great texture. I followed Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #104. I love the layout - especially that main panel. Hope you're having a good Monday so far!!!!

Stamps: Ruffles Birdwatching (Stampavie), Wordsworth sentiment
Paper: So Saffron, white, Cafe Mediterranean matstack (DCWV)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Copics: blender, B91, YR12, 31, YG00, 91, 93, 95, Y21, 38, E08, 19, 51, 53, 55
Other: Stardust Stickles, rectangle Nestie, Matha Stewart Hydrangea punch, pearls, scallop scissors, paper piercer, twill from Taylored Expressions

7 comments:

debbies said...

LOL I just did a card with him last night Kim! Love how you did the daffodils!

Tammi said...

Awww, that makes me smile, darling image and card! Perfect sentiment too.

Jennifer ♥ said...

Super cute!! I love how fluffy they all look - great card! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so so so cute.

Anna said...

Awww, so sweet! What a darling image! And love how you colored it!

Dawn said...

love this, so cute. GREAT job!

Michelle said...

Your coloring is fantastic - just curious about how long do you spend on a card...it appears it would be hours. Your details are perfect as is the coloring plus all the layers and sometimes sewing...well it would take me days :) HUGE fan of your work, Kim!