Wednesday, November 11, 2009

G.I. Joe and Lillie

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy Veterans' Day. Last week Ross and I were in Branson and let me tell you, they definitely celebrate their Veterans there! Every show we went to would acknowledge each branch of the service. It was so great to see them get that recognition plus witness the audience celebrate their patriotism. One of the shows we saw was The Oak Ridge Boys. They put on a fabulous concert. One of our favorite parts was a collection of songs from their CD entitled Colors. Joseph Bonsall wrote a touching tribute song about his parents. I thought today would be a perfect day to share it with you. I get goosebumps every time I hear it. F.Y.I. there is also a book that goes along with the song called G.I. Joe & Lillie: Remembering a Life of Love and Loyalty. I can't wait to read it!!!

2 comments:

debbies said...

I heard on the news yesterday that they have the biggest Veterans Day celebration in the country.

Bonnie said...

So sweet! Thanks for sharing!