Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sushi Scraps

It was no problem participating in this week's A Muse Addicts Weekly Challenge. Jeannie challenged us to put our paper scraps to good use and make a card with them. The hardest part was figuring out what scraps to use, cuz lets face the facts folks, I have a ton that I just can't seem to throw away. My scraps came from Two Scoops by Basic Grey. Gosh I must have really loved that paper pack because it only contains scraps. There is not one single full sheet in there!! I was out of town over the weekend so I didn't get to participate in Beate's Weekly Sketch Challenge, but I went ahead and used the layout anyhow. And I think that I might use it again because I hardly ever use ovals, but I just love how this turned out. My image is stamped with Palette Noir. I colored it in with Earth Elements Watercolor Crayons, then I added a little Stardust Stickles to the toppings on the rolls. The whole image is raised with a dimensional and look I used my Oval Nestabilities, another reason why I need to use ovals more often! It's the only shape I have so far. For the background I used a limited edition set from TAC called Little Curls. There is a larger version in the catty. I matched the pattern paper perfectly. I just inked the stamp up in Garden Green, stamped off once on scratch paper before stamping on the Wasabi. Voila!

Stamps: Sushi (A Muse), Little Curls LE (TAC)
Paper: Wild Wasabi, Not Quite Navy, Two Scoops (Basic Grey), Whisper White
Ink: Palette Noir (TAC, TT-220,$6.00), Garden Green
Other: Classic Oval Lg & Classic Scallop Oval Lg. Nestabilities (Papertrey Ink), Stardust Stickles, EE Watercolor Crayons, ribbon from Michael's

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, your sushi card looks great! Thanks so much for playing. Hugs and smiles

Leslie said...

This is too cute! I love those stamps and what you did with them!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this. You can't go wrong with Basic Grey and A Muse together.

Anonymous said...

so cute!!!