Sunday, March 2, 2008

Turkey Fettuccine

My husband and I don't eat red meat. Haven't in 5 years. Shocker I know, especially since we live in Texas. Try explaining that to a cowboy. We chose to do that for health reasons and haven't looked back since. And no it doesn't bother us if people eat red meat in our presence. Just a personal choice. Anyhow, I'm always on the lookout for new recipes with chicken, turkey or fish. Someone gave this one to me a few months ago and I LOVE it. I was skeptical about adding celery to a fettuccine dish, but OMGoodness. One of the best smells is when you saute onion, garlic and celery together! YUM. We were surprised to find that you don't even taste the celery in the dish once the sauce comes together, but when you take a bite it gives it a nice crunch. I buy turkey milanese for this dish. I like it because it's cut thin and it cooks quick.

Turkey Fettuccine

8 oz. uncooked fettuccine
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. chopped celery
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. canola oil
1 small pkg. baby bella mushrooms, sliced
2 c. milk
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 c. half and half
1/3 c. grated parmesan cheese
3/4 c. shredded mozzarella
3 c. cubed cooked turkey (I use turkey milanese)


Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Also prepare your turkey. Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the onion, celery and garlic in oil for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Stir in milk, seasoning, and salt. Bring to a boil. Mix cornstarch and half & half until smooth; stir into skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in Parmesan cheese and Mozzarella just until they melt. Stir in turkey. Drain fettuccine; add to turkey mixture. Toss to coat. Heat through and enjoy!

No comments: