Friday, December 14, 2007

I Am Legend

Just got back from going with my hubby & nephew to see I Am Legend. I'm so proud of myself for not screaming in the movie theater. I did jump a few times though. I don't handle scary too well..you know things poppin' out at you, yep definitely not a movie for the faint of heart. I'm still shocked they talked me into going. The first half of the movie reminded me of Castaway where Tom Hanks talks to his "buddy" Wilson. However, Will Smith pulled off the one man dialog way better. I won't give anything away here, but Sam should definitely receive a nomination for best supporting actress. Oh Sam, sweet, precious Sam you will fall in love with her!!!! The set was amazing, there was so much to take in visually. This movie proved again how good of an actor Smith is. You could sense the emotions by just looking at his face. And the movie really played with your emotions!! You go from curious, to anxious, to terrified, to laughing and back around again. The "monsters" reminded me of The Mummy..you'll understand once you see the screaming. They even played one of my very favorite songs a few times in the movie....Three Little Birds by Bob Marley and it fit the theme so well!!!!! I love that Cd! Oh and we got to see the preview for the new Narnia movie, looks like it will be another good one!
Rating: 4/5

2 comments:

Tracy H said...

I can't wait to see this movie.

1-- Will Smith

2-- Post-Apocolyptic style movie

3-- Will Smith

4-- Thriller!

5-- Will Smith

:)

Rhonda said...

OK, so I have not wanted to see this movie cuz it looks TOO creepy, do you think even for a creepy movie, it'd be ok for me?? I can do some creepy, just not too freaky!!

BTW, I saw Transformers the other night (on DVD) and the only reason I vaguely wanted to see it is cuz you saw it and said you liked it!! IT was a fun movie! I'm so glad I saw it!