Friday, June 8, 2007

Mint Nut Bread


I just pulled a loaf of mint nut bread out of the oven and the house smells wonderful! Mint has taken over one section of our herb garden. So before Ross gets out there to give it a major haircut, I decided to make some bread. I know it sounds odd and some people are leary about eating bread with green stuff in it, but trust me it's good!!!! I found the recipe on this site. It's my favorite author who writes a herb shop mystery series. I've been making this recipe for several years and it has become one of our favorites.

Mint Nut Bread

2 1/2 c. flour
1 c. packed brown sugar
3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3 Tbsp. oil
1 1/2 c. milk
1 egg
1 c. chopped walnuts
1 c. chopped fresh mint leaves
2 tsp. orange peel, chopped fine

Preheat oven to 350˚. Mix dry ingredients. Stir together the oil, milk & egg. Stir wet ingredients into dry. Add nuts, mint & orange peel. Bake in greased loaf pan 50-60 minutes. Cool slightly & remove from pan

3 comments:

Kris said...

YUMMY! Where do you live again I'm sure I can be there quick. ;) LOL!

Anonymous said...

YUM!
I'll be right there! Tell Ross to get on that key lime pie, too! ;)

Anonymous said...

I'll take some!! I made this bread last year and it is VERY good!! I love the smell of fresh mint :)