Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Color Challenge #117



Emily posted this wonderful Color Challenge today over on SCS. I had to make a card as soon as I saw it because it includes some of my favorite and well used colors. I don't know how many times I have bought packs of Certainly Celery. I reach for it a lot!

My card base is Elegant Eggplant. I then took a piece of Certainly Celery cardstock and stamped it in the same color with the Canvas background from SU. I decorated my corners with the ticket corner punch. My sentiment is from a set by SU called Warmest Regards. I then took a piece of Ruby Red cardstock and stamped it using the Itty Bitty backgrounds from SU. I think that is my most used set and you can definately tell by looking at my stamps :) I cut a thin piece of Elegant Eggplant cardstock and glued it on top of the Ruby Red so that my ribbon would stand out more. The ribbon I used is Celery grosgrain (SU) and thin white satin (Michael's). I hardly ever use white on a card, other than for my main image, but I really loved using it to highlight the celery background. Thought it just made all of the colors pop a little bit more.

I got my main image from the Wish-RAK group on SCS. I was so excited to open the envelope and find this image. It is called Bucket of Posies by the one and only Anna Wight and it is sold by Whipper Snapper. I colored it using my SU markers. The pail is done is a gray watercolor pencil. To add a little sparkle, I colored the inside of the flowers with a Sakura Stardust pen. Again I decorated my corners with the ticket corner punch and layered it on a piece of Elegant Eggplant. Thanks for the challenge Emily!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SO cute! Those colors are really pretty together and I love those flowers! Great job!

Rhonda said...

Such a pretty card! I love the colors and layout, reminds me of your garden (all the pictures you've been posting on your blog)!