Friday, March 16, 2012

Felt Corn



I. Love. This. Felt. Corn!!!! It is just so darn cute. Took me for-ev-er to complete because lets face it - my sewing skills aren't all that :) I can't even begin to count the number of times I pricked my finger sewing those kernels. It was so worth it though because those kernels look super realistic!



When my mom was here, I got her to sew the husk. Since it's double sewn on the machine, it allows the husk to be a little bendable so you can shape the husk different ways. Charlotte was excited when I finished it up and showed it to her today. She immediately said "I bite" and proceeded to do just that. She then ran over and fed some to the rocking horse that the neighbor girls just handed down to her.



If you are addicted to felt food like I am, you can find this fabulous tutorial (as well as many others) over on While Wearing Heels. I have said it before and I will say it again, her tutorials are so easy to follow. I can't wait to try out some more.

3 comments:

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

Kim! Your corn looks AMAZING! Thank you SO much for giving me another shout out.

Jennifer ♥ said...

Super cute!! The corn is now my favorite felt food that you've made. I'm proud of Charlotte for feeding the horse :)

Shelly said...

I'm so enjoying and in awe of the felt foods you're making for Charlotte. How sweet that Charlotte fed the corn to her horse. :)