Friday, January 22, 2010

Dramatic Contrast


IMG_3316, originally uploaded by orosky17.

It's no secret that I love Open Scrapbook! I have learned so many little tricks and tips by following Michelle and Misti's fabulous tutorials. The newest tutorial that was released was called So Dramatic and it taught us how to boost the contrast in a matter of minutes. I've always admired this building. It located in downtown Austin, Texas (off of Congress). It's just so unique to find these old advertisements on the sides of buildings anymore, especially in our area. I've always wanted to a take a picture of it, but every time we have gone down there events have been held in the parking lot so I could never get a clear shot. However, last Sunday we ventured into town to eat at Katz's deli and we just happened to drive by for a glance when we were done. Luckily no one was around and I had my camera. I took several angels, but this was my favorite. I even like seeing the new skyscrapers in the background overshadowing the old building. If you haven't checked out Open Scrapbook yet, I urge you to do so! They recently opened up their forum to the public. Be sure to swing by and check it out. I promise you will learn something and be inspired to start snapping your own photos immediately!!!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Very cool photo, Kim! Love how it turned out!