Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Butternut Squash Soup



Is anyone else cooking today? I woke up early so I could start baking. In fact, we are going to bake all day long. I need to make cornbread for the dressing, bake the sweet potatoes, make the highly requested Pumpkin Chip Cookies, and a pumpkin pie. Ross gets off early so he will come home and make the pecan pies and prepare the turkeys. I will also put together the Cranberry Salad and Pink Stuff. Lots to do, but so worth it. The other night I made this Butternut Squash Soup recipe for dinner. Where has butternut squash been all my life?? This was my first time to have it and I would have it again today if we had leftovers :) You have to try this soup!!! It was really easy to make, but will definitely impress your guests. The flavors blended together so well. The potatoes, squash and leeks were a perfect flavor combo. We used coconut milk and it made it super smooth. The soup looks like it came straight from a gourmet magazine once you dish it up and add the garnishes. Can we talk about the garnishes? Make the toasted pumpkin seeds!! They are fabulous. The spices you add to it are so flavorful. Be sure to make a big batch so you have extras to nibble on. They make a great snack! Have a great day getting ready for turkey day. Enjoy the food tomorrow, but more importantly enjoy spending time with family!!!
Happy Thanksgiving from our home to yours!!!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Kim, I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'm sure you and Ross Man made a knock out Turkey dinner! Thank you for your friendship!