Sunday, July 12, 2009

Asian or Italian?


I recently tried out 2 new recipes and I thought I would pass them along since they were both yummalicious! I'm pretty sure my husband could eat Asian food every day of the week and not get sick of it. That's his first suggestion when I ask him what he wants to eat. So I'm always on the lookout for recipes I can try at home and boy did I find a winner! It's Rachel Ray's Citrus-Soy Chicken Stir Fry . We loved all of the veggies in it. They were crisp, colorful and the flavors blended so nicely together. What made this dish special though, was the fabulous citrus-soy sauce. Oh my WOW! It was definitely restraurant quality. Ross went nuts over the entire meal and kept complimenting it after every few bites. That's always a great feeling :) He said the leftovers were just as good the next day too! Next up is Italian. Ross worked the 4th of July, so I wanted to have a special dinner waiting for him when he got home. He loves ziti, so when I saw The Neely's Baked Ziti recipe, I knew I had to give it a try. This is definitely another keeper! The flavors were excellent together. We really liked the spinach with the ricotta and the pesto really made it stand out compared to other recipes. If you ever need to make a meal to take to someone's house, this would be a great choice! It makes a ton, but the great thing is it saves perfectly. We munched on it for a few days and it just kept getting better and better.

No comments: