Friday, June 27, 2008

Javabella Friendship

Day 5 of Lostie Chatapalooza. Kris' challenge today was to find a image that contained two characters and make a friendship card. I dug through my bella images and stumbled across this one. It would have worked for yesterday's challenge too! Looks like I'm stuck on a coffee theme for the moment which is odd considering it's crazy hot here. Maybe it is wishful thinking for cooler weather, LOL! I colored my image in with Koh-i-noor pencils and OMS. I love those things! I had to get a little creative with the colors and mix some green, yellow, and brown together because the set doesn't include an olive shade. But I think I got close. I added a little Stardust Stickles to the flower. For the sides, I used my mat pack to pierce some holes, then took a Chocolate Chip marker and drew in some faux stitching. On the awning, the top part is glued flat to the background, where the scalloped bottom is raised with a dimensional. I used my circle and oval Coluzzle to cut out the parts for the sentiment. This layout is for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge # 22. You must go check out the adorable cupcake card she made!!! Soooooo super cute! You can view the other Lostie cards here! Happy Stamping!

Stamps: Javabellas (Stamping Bella), Noteworthy
Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Basic Grey - Infuse
Ink: Palette Burnt Umber (TAC, TT-218)
Other: circle & oval Coluzzle (TAC, A-84001, A-84000), mat pack, paper piercer, Chocolate Chip marker, Koh-i-noor pencils, OMS, Stardust Stickles, chocolate Polytwill ribbon, scallop scissors, dimensionals

6 comments:

Stephanie Hargis said...

This is beautiful! I love your coloring! It is fantastic! :D That paper is gorgeous too! Wonderful job!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

This is awesome Kim! Can I come for a nice cuppa with you?? :)

Danni said...

Love the colors you've been using on these. They just have the right "feel" for coffee.
Awesome job!

Rachel Hope said...

Love it!!! Great colors and wonderful card

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

cute creations! :)

Taylor said...

Super cute, Kim! Such a perfect image for the sketch!