Thursday, June 26, 2008

Chicken Fried Rice

I tried a new recipe out tonight. My friend Suzanne shared this website with me not too long ago. I'm always looking for good crockpot recipes because lets face it who doesn't love throwing everything in a pot and letting it cook itself. Plus the kitchen stays pretty clean!! Ross loves loves loves fried rice. So I thought I would surprise him by making my own today. Here is the recipe that I used. I cut up a leftover boiled chicken breast and threw it in there. Along with a bag of frozen peas and carrots. I set it on low and in 3.5 hours dinner was served. It was good and had a wonderful after taste. Ross was very happy and had seconds. He is also thrilled that we have plenty of leftovers that he can munch on for a couple days. I'm tellin' ya he is addicted!!! He actually makes a wonderful fried rice dish himself. He found this recipe when we first got married. I was working 50+ hours a week and he was going to college full time to finish up his senior year. So he did the majority of the cooking back then and of course he went hunting for a good fried rice recipe! Be sure to give them both a try.

No comments: