Sunday, February 3, 2008

Pieced Billybootabella

Paper piecing is one of my favorite techniques. All you do is stamp your image on neutral cardstock, then stamp your image on pattern paper. Cut out the pattern paper pieces and glue it to the neutral image. Voila. I started off by just piecing her skirt, then I decided to do the shirt, umbrella and shoes. Gosh, why can't I look that cute when I walk in the rain? The umbrella is raised with a dimensional and the brad in the middle of the primas is actually a glitter gumdrop brad, so it's nice and sparkly! Hope y'all have a great day and enjoy the game if you watch tonight!

Stamps: Billybootabella & Sentiment (Stamping Bella)
Paper: Ruby Red, Very Vanilla, Basic Grey Figgy (Hope Stamps Eternal)
Ink: Palette Noir (TAC)
Other: dimensional, primas, Imaginisce Glitter Gumdrop brad, Artichoke grosgrain
Technique: Paper piecing

2 comments:

Danni said...

Ya know, this is the one bella I just didn't like........until I saw this card! You did an awesome job with her.
Love the paper piecing!
This rocks!

Rhonda said...

Wow Kim!! This is gorgeous!! I love the layout and colors and the popped up umbrella, that gorgeous polka dot paper!! It's all SO pretty!!

I wanted to let you know I nominated you for the You Make My Day Award on my blog!! :D