Thursday, January 31, 2008

Elzybells Pocket

Can you tell that I'm hooked on this paper? OMGoodness, I just love it! I'm also hooked on the new Elzybells. My card is for this weeks A Muse Addicts challenge which was to make a pocket card. Dang I hadn't made one of those in a very long time so I really wanted to try it out. I followed this tutorial by Beate. I used watercolor crayons to color my image in and then went over some of the parts with markers. Her dress is paper pieced on because that paper looks like a cute Spring dress to me. I added Stickles to the frog's crown and ripples in the water. My insert is on a piece of Kraft paper, then I just decorated the top part that shows. It's LOST night. I can not tell you how excited I am that it's starting back up!!!! Happy Stamping and happy watching if you are a LOSTie!!!

Stamps: Girl & Frog, sentiment (Elzybells), Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Paper: Wild Wasabi, Not Quite Navy, Basic Grey Two Scoops (Hope Stamps Eternal), Kraft
Ink: Garden Green
Other: corner rounder, 1 1/4" circle punch, ribbon from Michael's, photo corner punch, Not Quite Navy brads, Earth Elements watercolor crayons, Stardust Stickles, word window punch, Terrifically Tacky Tape
Technique: pocket card, paper piecing

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is SO cute Kim!! I love it! That paper is awesome too! Thanks so much for doing the challenge!

Rhonda said...

Both of these cards are so sweet Kim!! Fun paper to work with!! That Elzybell with the frog prince is my fave and I haven't used her yet!! I better do that soon!!

freshaircrafting said...

This is really cute! I love that paper too!

Anonymous said...

Way cute! I love your paper piecing and all the detail!

- amanda