Wednesday, August 29, 2007

August '07 Booklist

I didn't know I did so much reading this month!! Did y'all read any good books in August? My friend Jess just introduced me to this cool site. You can go on there and rate books, keep a list of books you want to read, and see what others or your friends have reviewed. Kinda neat!! Here's my booklist:

1. Janet Evanovich- Lean Mean Thirteen: (fun/light mystery) This was the book that Ross and I read together this month. I love her and her characters..too funny.

2. Joni Eareckson Tada - Joni: An Unforgettable Story (autobiography). My SIL lent me this book. She went on a retreat with her church group and this lady was the guest speaker. She had an accident in her early 20's that left her paralyzed and it's her story of how she recovered, learned to put her trust in God and didn't let her injury stop her from living a full life. She paints and writes using her mouth too!

3. James Patterson- 2nd Chance: (mystery/thriller) This is book 2 in the Women's Murder Club series. My dad got me hooked on these books and I'm anxious for the TV show to start in October.

4. Tamar Myers - Cane Mutiny (fun/light mystery) This is book 13 in the Den of Antiquity series. The main character owns an antique shop and always finds herself solving mysteries with her quirky friends.

5. Al & Joanna Lacy - The Little Sparrows (Christian fiction) This is book 1 in the Orphan Train series. It's set in 1850 when orphans were sent on trains from New York to the West in hopes of finding a foster family. By 1929, they had placed 250,000 children in homes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh how exciting!!! I'm in your blog! *Ü* Glad you liked the book! I have a movie of Joni, too!

LOVE YA!~

The SIL ;o)