Friday, July 6, 2007

Dreamgirls & Chicken Salad Casserole

We finally watched Dreamgirls the other night and Jennifer Hudson totally blew me away. Man no wonder she won an award for that performance. She really stold the show and proved that she can sing! The scene where she sang And I'm Telling You...WOW!!!

I tried a new recipe last night, so I thought I would share it today.

Chicken Salad Casserole:

3-4 c. cooked chicken
3/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c. chopped celery
2 c. chopped walnuts, divided
1/2 c. chopped green onions
1 can pitted black olives ( I used chopped)
1 small jar pimentos
1 c. Miracle Whip
3/4 c. Grape Nuts

Preheat oven to 350˚. Mix 1 1/2 c. walnuts and all other ingredients. Place in a buttered casserole dish. Top with 1/2 c. chopped walnuts and grape nuts. Bake 20-25 minutes.

No comments: