Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Felt Strawberries

My post went missing so this is a repost. Sorry! The new blogspot format is odd.

The felt project that I have been working on for the past few days is felt strawberries. Strawberries are a huge hit in our house at the moment. Charlotte loves eating them, watering our plants outsides, searching for ripe berries and now playing with her felt versions. First up, I followed Amy's tutorial for making a felt strawberry. As always, her patterns and tutorials are super easy to follow and the end result is always great. I started by only cutting out and making 6 berries, but when I saw how quick and easy they were to sew up, I went ahead and made 6 more. I used this tutorial on how to tie a french knot for the seeds. Charlotte saw them and immediately screamed out, "strawberry". She then pretended to bite one and said, "mmmmmm, mommy bite berry". That's always a great reaction to get!
I went ahead and followed this tutorial to make a few strawberry halves. I thought it would be great to have so she could add them to several of our other felt food options. Who doesn't love sliced berries on their pancakes, ice cream or chocolate cake :-) It took no time at all to sew some halves together. I love the little hearts in the middle. I saved and cleaned out a carton to store all of our strawberries in. Perfect addition to our felt food collection.

No comments: