Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mommy to Be


I wanted to take a moment to thank Shannon for sending me this set (check out her blog - she makes some seriously ca-ute creations)!! I'm going to put it to great use over the next few months. I just love the sweet simple images in this set. They are perfect for paper piecing too! I have 3 friends who are currently expecting and due later this year. So excited for all of them!!! With it being Mother's Day weekend, I decided to break it in and make a card for a special someone who has waited a very long time to become a mommy. I thought this image would be perfect for her. I paper pieced the shirt and skirt on. Isn't that paper perfect for a twill skirt? I followed Mojo 137 for the layout. It's definitely a keeper. I love how the little squares turned out. They were cut and embossed using Nesties so they look like little blocks stacked on top of one another. I stuck the safety pin in with the ribbon just to give it that extra little baby look. Thanks for stopping by!!

Stamps: Miracle from Above (H&M stamps), Baby on Board (Whipper Snapper)
Paper: So Saffron, white, Basic Grey Kioshi, Kraft
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & Rich Cocoa
Copics: E00, 11, 21, 31, 33, 35, R20, Y21, 26, G20, 21
Other: square Nestie, paper piercer, oval punch, brads, dimensional, Kraft Taffeta, safety pin

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very sweet card.

Tricia T said...

Wow. I just love your cards, Kim. Every one of them!!!

Anna said...

You rocked that layout! Lovely card too! Give that belly a rub for me!

debbies said...

Ahhh, so sweet!!! I've been thinking about you today. Just think next year you will have a sweet little one. Happy Mother-to-be Mother's Day Kim!

Barb said...

So very sweet :) Love the twill skirt... you're right... the paper is perfect!

Michelle said...

one word - A.DOR.ABLE!

Jennifer ♥ said...

Thank you so much for this adorable, thoughtful card!! I LOVE it!! :)

Tammi said...

Kim I can see why you love these so much, she's beautiful! Nice touch with the pin and fabulous paper piecing!