Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Raggedy Anne




Wow so many new product announcements today. First, I watched the Apple event to learn about the new iPad, then I scrolled through my googlereader and saw the new Basic Grey papers coming out next month. Gorgeous!!! I need to start dwindling down my stash to make room for the new goods, LOL. Did you know that Basic Grey sells fabric too. Sigh! If only I could sew ... their fabric is yummy! Moving on to my creation for the day. This is a new image from Whipper Snapper called Raggedy Anne. Did you have a Raggedy Anne doll growing up? I did! In fact, I had one that was a few feet tall. You can tell that it was well loved on throughout the years. I decided to make this Valentine a little different - look no pink - and stick with a country theme. The Basic Grey Marrakech paper was perfect to accomplish that look. I just love that quilted pattern! I had a fun time coloring this image. I kept the palette simple and added some highlights with a Sharpie Poster-Paint pen. The heart was punched once in the Marrakech paper and then again in Chocolate Chip. I then just layered them together. I tried to use a dainty ribbon so it would match the bows in her hair. Thanks for stopping by and happy stamping!!

Stamps: Raggedy Anne, Sweet Expressions
Paper: Chocolate Chip, white, Basic Grey Marrakech
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Copics: E29, 31, 33, 35, 37, 51, 53, R24, 27, 29, Bg10, B91, C1, blender
Other: Sharpie Poster-Paint pen, EK Success heart punch, ribbon from Michael's, brads from my stash

5 comments:

Denise said...

Absolutely Adorable!! Love your Copic coloring, and the pretty paper & layout.
Aloha & Hugs,
Denise

Anna said...

Too cute! I didn't know that Basic Grey made fabric! I did have a rag doll. I wanted a black doll, so my mom made me a black Raggedy Anne doll, that I still have floating around my house. Her and that bear! Oh, wait, my barbies are here too.

Danni said...

Adorable! That paper is perfect for this cute image!!

Tammi said...

OMGosh everything you make is so darn CUTE!! That image is to adorable, I really love it, and your coloring rocks! Great little sentiment too! Didn't know that about Basic Grey, TFS.

Stacy Morgan said...

So very cute, the paper is a great match with this image. Cute card.