Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Easter/Spring Challenge

This week's Jacksonbelle Embellishment challenge is to make a Spring or Easter card/project. I hope that you play along with us. If you do, please use the keyword JBE046 when uploading to SCS. Don't forget to check out the new Pink Paislee products that Lindsey recently added to the store. I just got some in and the papers are fabulous!!!



I knew right away that I wanted to use this adorable little Hoppy Easter stamp from Lizzie Anne Designs. I used it on this challenge card a few weeks ago. He is tiny and so much fun to play with! I colored him in with Koh-i-noor pencils and OMS. His head is cut out and raised with a dimensional. I went over the pink parts with Bubble Gum Shimmerz. It matched the paper perfectly. Speaking of the paper, I love the Basic Grey Porcelain pack. The papers I chose to use were just screaming Easter. The plain papers have this tie dyed effect and the zig-zag background matched the little Easter egg perfectly. The little button also from the Basic Grey Porcelain line. I love those packs of buttons because they come in so many colors and a variety of sizes. I followed this OCC sketch for the layout. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out what the other design team gals came up with:

AJ Otto
Beth Thomas
Heather Lee-Reppen
Jennifer Buck
Jill Dunn
Kisa Peters
Lindsey Botkin
Lynda Benden
Maren Benedict
Melissa Bove
Michelle Worner
Shannan Teubner
Taylor Usry

Stamps: Lizzie Anne Designs - Hoppy Easter
Paper: Basic Grey Porcelain, Very Vanilla, Chocoloate Chip, Kraft
Ink: Palette Noir
Other: oval Nesties, dimensional, Koh-i-noor pencils, OMS, aquapainter, Bubble Gum Shimmerz, Basic Grey Porcelain button, Kraft Taffeta

10 comments:

Anna said...

Darling card, Kim! I love it when you use shimmerz on the bunnies ears!

Rachel Hope said...

So Cute!!! Love that paper!!!! Adorable card!

Jill said...

Oh my word! I love this--sooo cute! And all your details are just perfect!

Suzanne said...

What a darling card! I love that little rabbit!

Tammi said...

Love his shimmery pink ears, so adorable!

Lynda Benden said...

Oh my gosh Kim, this is SO dang cute! The Porcelain paper is GORGEOUS!

Beth Thomas said...

What a beautifully sweet bunny! Love the Porcelain paper with this. Truly a stunning card!

Kisa Peters said...

Love the popped head - oh that doesn't sound good.....but you know what I mean!

Barb said...

This is so sweet! Love the touch of shimmerz, and your coloring is great!

Anonymous said...

STUNNING!!!! ;)
LOSTie Debbie