Friday, January 30, 2009

Rainy Days


Why can't I look this adorable when I stand in the rain? I got this Elzybells image not too long ago and it has been sitting on my desk just waiting to be used! I think that I have a thing for images of people holding umbrellas - I have 3 stamps like that and I love them all :) It seems like I know several people who are sick at the moment. Just that time of year - so I thought I would make some cards for them. This little Elzy is colored in with Koh-i-noor pencils. I cut out and raised her little umbrella with a dimensional. I then took an aquapainter and went over her umbrella, coat and the puddles with Mint Shimmerz. It added just a hint of sparkle, but still showed my original coloring underneath. Isn't this Basic Grey Offbeat paper perfect for a rainy card? I just love pink, blue and chocolate paired together too! Thanks for stopping by.

Stamps: Rainy Days (Elzybells), Stamping Bella sentiment
Paper: Basic Grey Offbeat, Pink Pirouette, TAC white
Ink: Palette Burnt Umber & Noir
Other: Koh-i-noor pencils, dimensional, Basic Grey Bitersweet brads, Mint Shimmerz, aquapainter, Chocolate polytwill

9 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

Adorable!!! Love the colors...and that poaper is Perfect!!! It looks like raindrops!!!

Leslie said...

This is so cute, Kim!

Catherine said...

LOL! she sure does look adorable!

Patti J said...

I saw your work in the Serendipity! Very nice! I'm a 'soon to be' Angel, and will be back to visit often! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work via blog and magalog! Feel free to stop by my blog now and then!

Barb said...

She is so cute & shimmery!! And love the colors!

BTW... I left you a little award on my blog... :)

Cindy Motz said...

Oh my goodness... I love that paper! I need to get some of that! Your card is adorable, I lobve the shimmer, and I especially love that image!

Tammi said...

I have a thing for images with umbrella's too! :) And this one is one of my favs, she's so cute, love the shimmer, your card is fantastic!

Tammi said...

I just saw your card over on the Elzybells site, cool! :)

simplyfairies said...

What a funkilicous card, I love it, I have that paper pad it's gorgeous isn't it....


Lurves ya blog will deffo viist again....