Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Labor Day!

I hope that everyone is enjoying a day off. We are just relaxing and slowly getting some things done around the house. Oh and Prison Break starts back up tonight. Woohoo. We are excited for that. I don't know about y'all, but there are a ton of people BBQing today; including us. I thought I would share a recipe with you. Have y'all seen the new show on The Food Network called Big Daddy's House? Aaron McCargo Jr. was the winner of The Next Food Network Star and this is his show. We watched an episode and immediately saved some recipes so we now have the DVR set to record all of his new shows that air. Make a mental note though, he makes HUGE portions, so we always cut everything in half. The recipe I made earlier this week was his Mega Egga Macaroni Salad . It was crazy easy and the flavors were really good. It's a great salad to take to a party or picnic!! Like I said we cut everything in half and still had a ton left over, but that was kind of nice because we just nibbled on it for a few days :)

This next recipe comes from Oprah's website. I saved it several years ago, but this is the first time I've ever tried it. Now I always know when Ross is wanting banana bread or muffins because he will purposefully leave 3 bananas on the counter until they are brown and spotted. So I took the "subtle" hint today and made Banana Pecan Honey Bread. Oh My Word, you must save this recipe. It is so good!!!! When I was mixing everything together, the honey and bananas smelled so wonderful together and it only got better while it was baking. The bread came out super soft and moist. Take note of the cooking time. It only took 50 minutes in our oven, so keep an eye on it!

This last picture is for the sole purpose of bragging to my friend Jess, LOL. Check it out girl. I reached a new goal on punching the bags - 44!!!! My arms were aching after that one. Okay I promise that's it for now. Enjoy your day everyone!!!!

3 comments:

Cindy Motz said...

44!!! That's insane Kim!!! Remind me never to make you mad enough to take a swing at me... you'd knock me out in a second! LOL! Well LOSTie loser starts tomorrow, and I think I'll make the bag part of my personal fitness program. I'm going to try get as good as you! I am embarressed to admit my personal best.. I swear it's in the single digits! ;) LOL!

Jessica said...

Dude, seriously????? I bow down to you!! I haven't touched my Wii since probably May, but I have vowed to break it out again and will now make it my personal goal to beat you! ;-)

Tammi said...

Wowza Kim, that's awesome!! I love your cute little girl pic on it! :) We just watched What Happens In Vegas last night and Ashton's character was playing the Wii, and I thought of all you girls! (BTW I loved that movie, so funny!)

And yummy, you've been busy in the kitchen again! :)