Sunday, August 24, 2008

Blueberry Peaches and Cream Pie

I just tried a wonderful pie recipe. My friend Leslie shared her sister's scrumptious recipe for Blueberry Peaches and Cream Pie and it is absolutely delish! We didn't have any luck finding a shortbread pie crust at our local grocery store. So I decided to try this one out that I found on allrecipes. It was actually really easy and turned out great. The dough was super soft to work with and shape in the pie plate! Although ignore the edges of my pie. They look like lopsided knuckles, LOL. I made them a little too big. I think this is my first time having a pie with shortbread crust and it is really good! It's flaky and very light. We really liked it. The ingredients for this pie are such a perfect combo. I LOVE the fresh blueberries and peaches together. It's just a wonderful recipe to make in the summer. Especially since we are still enjoying the peach season here. I actually used white flesh peaches, so they don't show up in the picture very well, but they tasted so good! Oh and we must talk about that streusel topping. Hello! It was perfect giving the pie just a little taste of cinnamon. I also liked that it gave the top of the pie a little crunch. This recipe is definitely a keeper. Thanks Leslie and Karin!!!!!!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I think your crust looks great! Better than any crust I've ever made, that's for sure!

Leslie said...

WOW! Your pictures look way better than mine! I'm so glad that you enjoyed it!

Tammi said...

Wow Kim, you make gorgeous looking pies! Which reminds me, did you ever notice how Mrs. Kent is always baking and cooking, lol, she reminds me of you!