Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Holy Cow

I wish I had a sentiment that said Holy Cow it's your birthday. Wouldn't that be funny? I found this sketch over on Heather's blog. Cool layout, huh? My image is stamped on Whisper White with Palette Noir. I tried something new for coloring. I used the Koh-i-noor woodless pencils and a stump dipped in Odorless Mineral Spirits to blend it. I definitely need some practice because I over blended, but not too shabby for my first try. I'm anxious to practice some more. F.Y.I. you can find these pencils (a set of 24) at Michael's and Hobby Lobby for $15. Meaning you can use a 40% coupon with that. Score! To finish off the image, I added some Stardust Stickles to the waves and some black brads in the corners. The red cardstock is stamped with the cow spots from the same set. I can't seem to make a card using the An'udder Birthday set, without using these spots. I just love them. Thanks for stoppin' by!!!

Stamps: An'udder Birthday (TAC, T-2642), Wishing You (TAC, T-1205)
Paper: Whisper White, Brilliant Blue, Real Red
Ink: Palette Noir (TAC,TT-220)
Other: Koh-i-noor woodless pencils, OMS, Stardust Stickles, black brads, ribbon from Hobby Lobby

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Cute! I haven't tried these pencils. Might have to pic some up! :)

Anonymous said...

This is udderly fantastic! I don't think it is over blended, I thought it was copics at first!

Dottie K. said...

Kim this is so adorable. My friend Tracy just send me some of these images, now I can't wait to try them. Thanks for the information on the pencils. Will have to go and pick them up. :)

Rachel Hope said...

Hmmmm, what a great sentiment for my stamp co files!!!


Great card!

Tracy H said...

That would be a great stamp-- we need to find someone to make our favorite phrases for us... hmmmm!?!

This is totally cute!!! I luff your coloring...AGAIN!