Sunday, May 25, 2008

Fifi

While Ross was mowing this afternoon, I ran in here to make a quick card. The layout comes from Taylor's Cupcake Challenge. I just got this new image in from Stamping Bella. It's called Fifi. Isn't it adorable?? I'm not a poodle fan in real life, but I just couldn't resist the cuteness of this stamp! The image is stamped on Whisper White with Palette Noir. I colored her in with Earth Elements Watercolor crayons. To jazz it up a bit, I added stickles to her barrettes and paper pieced her fabulous jacket on. We watched the movie No Reservations last night and this totally reminds me of how the little girl dressed. Now the little poodle was just begging for some poof, so I added some white Liquid Applique to it. Definitely gave it that poodle look. I thought the upper corner needed something, so I just punched out a small oval and cut it down to fit that space. I got the brad idea from Beate's blog. I always admire how she puts little circles underneath her brads. It seems to make them stand out more. So I just used a regular old hole punch for mine. I really like that idea. The brads are Glitter Gumdrops by Imaginisce, so they are nice and sparkly! Notice anything else different about this card? I didn't use any ribbon, ACK! That's very unusual for me, unless I'm making a guy card. Happy Stamping!

Stamps: Fifi (Stamping Bella), sentiment: Snail Mail (TAC, retired)
Paper: Wild Wasabi, Not Quite Navy, Two Scoops (Basic Grey), Whisper White
Ink: Palette Noir (TAC, TT-220,$6.00)
Other: EE watercolor crayons, small oval punch, Stardust Stickles, white Liquid Applique, scallop scissors, hole punch, Glitter Gumdrop brads (Imaginisce)

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Your Fifi card is super cute, Kim! Thanks for playing the sketch challenge!

Jennie Skaggs said...

What a fantastic card...I love the layout and all the details. Jennie