Saturday, April 12, 2008

Garden Toss Salad

Garden Toss Salad, one of the easiest meals to make and definitely a fav. This is one of the first ever dishes that I made for my parents growing up when I was just learning to cook. It is perfect for warm days served with some cut up fruit. Also good for days when you know you'll be busy. I just make it first thing in the morning and it's perfect by the time Ross gets home. Easy, quick to make and we always have leftovers that we nibble on for days. You can use any combo of veggies that you like. The dressing really gives it a nice flavor too. This time I used Garlic Italian and it was yummalicious!

Garden Toss Salad

1 (7oz.) pkg. elbow pasta
2 c. cooked, cubed meat - I use prepackaged turkey
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 c. cucumber, diced
1 c. mild cheddar cheese, cubed
1 1/2 c. pitted olives, sliced
1/4 c. green onions, sliced
1 c. celery, diced
1 c. carrots, sliced
2/3 c. bottled Italian dressing

Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Kim, your garden toss salad sounds really good! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Lynn Put said...

I want to come and live at your house so you can cook for me! Everything you make looks so good!
Cards and Food!