Thursday, November 29, 2007

November '07 Booklist

Hello bookworms. Did you read anything good this month? I've read three of these in the past week that I've been sick :) Here is my list:

1. Beverly Lewis - The Parting: Book 1 in the Courtship of Nellie Fisher. There are a bunch of changes taking place in Nellie Fisher's life. As she grieves over the loss of her sister and the rumors that follow her death, she must also deal with her feelings for a new beau as they begin courting. There are changes going on amongst the People as well, as several families start to question their faith and seek out new beliefs. (Christian fiction)

2. James Patterson - Along Came a Spider: Book 1 in the Alex Cross series. Kris thanks for letting me borrow your book!!!! (mystery/thriller)

3. Jessica Conant-Park - Simmer Down: Book 2 in the Gourmet Girl Mysteries. I was really looking forward to this book since I loved the first one, Steamed. Now I can't wait for the next one. This was definitely a fun and easy read. The characters are hilarious and the story is more than entertaining. (fun/light mystery)

4. Billy Crystal- 700 Sundays:
The moment you start reading the first chapter you can hear Billy's voice in your head. The book is about his wonderful relationship with his entire family and how they shaped him into the person he is today. It has many laugh out loud moments and I was shocked to learn all of the great famous icons that his family personally knew. This was a quick read and overall just a great book. (autobiography)

5. Donna VanLiere - The Christmas Promise: My mom and I look forward to finding a new release by this author every Christmas. In this story, Miss Glory does everything she can to help those less fortunate than her. From providing clothes to the homeless, to babysitting an abused mother's son, she is always there to lend a helping hand. The reason why she does what she does is very touching and creates a wonderful story! (fiction)

Happy reading!!!

2 comments:

Jen Carter said...

I am in the process of reading "The Parting" right now! I love Beverly Lewis' books! I just finished reading 4 books in a Wanda Brunstetter (probably spelled her name wrong) series too that was really good--also about the Amish.

Rachel Hope said...

UGH.....no books for me...in the process of 2, but not far into either one. :(