Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Pink Flock


Today's color challenge was pink, pink and more pink! Emily decided that it would be perfect in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month. I don't reach for pink too often so it was a bit of a challenge. To start off, I went to Maria's blog and found this sketch to use. I decided to use Pink Passion and Pretty in Pink. I really like how my snowflake background turned out. So I had to come up with something creative to use on my main image to make it stand out as well. That's when the light bulb went off. Several months ago, I picked up a container of pink Flock at Archiver's and its just been sitting there intimidating me. I had to do a little experimenting with it to get the look I wanted. The first one came out really patchy and you could see the white cardstock underneath. Didn't like that look. So I decided to color in the sweater first with a Pixie Pink marker, then I flocked over that and it did the trick. To adhere the flock I used a 2 way glue pen. Be sure to use a tray because flock gets EVERYWHERE! I just brushed the glue on in little areas at a time, then you dump the flock on top of that and pat it in a little before tapping the excess off. Now I can't stop petting that coat!!! Be sure to click on the pics for a close-up view.

Stamps: Coolest Snowmen (TAC), Winter Flakes (TAC), Flannel Plaid, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Paper: Pink Passion, Pretty in Pink, White, Black
Ink: Noir (Palette, TAC), Pink Passion, Pretty in Pink, Versamark, Bashful Blue
Other: Pixie Pink Flock (Archiver's), 2 way glue pen, scallop scissors, ticket corner punch, button brads, Stardust Stickles

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have that same flock -- it's so fun to use!

Love the fuzzy sweater :)

Colleen Wold said...

OH MY GARSH! You should reach for pink more often, girl! This card is FABULOUS! I am totally CASEing! I have this snowman set. It's one of my faves to color!

Rhonda said...

This is awesome! What a perfect use for fun flock! I love the pink fuzzy sweater on that cute snowman! Very cute card!