Sunday, July 22, 2007

Altered Letter

I just got done participating in a secret sis round with my Lostie sistahs. I had Michelle's name and on her wish list was an altered letter. This was my first one to do so I was a bit nervous about messing it up, but I really liked how it turned out.

I got my white wooden letter from Michael's. There are 2 different sizes, this is the smaller one. I layed it on top of my Basic Grey paper and traced it the best I could..it was kinda tight getting into some of those spaces with my pencil. I then cut just inside of my pencil lines and kept putting my cutout on top of my letter and trimming a little bit more until I liked how it looked. I tried to leave a little white edge. To glue it down, I used modpodge and painted directly onto my wooden letter, then just positioned my paper on top and kept rubbing it to get rid of any bubbles. Once it was dry, I painted another layer of modpodge on top to help seal and protect the paper. To finish it off, I tied a little ribbon from Joann's at the bottom. I hope that Michelle liked it! I know that I definately want to make some more!

1 comment:

Tracy H said...

It turned out great!!!