Thursday, June 19, 2014

Sending You Sunshine and Birthday Wishes!

Today is my sweet friend Tammi's birthday. I really wanted to make her a card because she has showered me with so many lovely creations over the years. Her cards always put a huge smile on my face!! Her great friendship has been an extra blessing. We've never met in person, but we have shared many years laughing through emails, telling stories, recommending books, talking about life, getting one another hooked on TV shows and crushing over certain celebrities. (Tammi - I still daydream about Russian rainstorms :) She just returned from a wonderful vacation in Hawaii so I knew I wanted to make her a little tropical birthday wish. I dug through my stash and this is what I came up with:


Tammi sent me an adorable little book full of sketch designs a few years ago. It's so nice to flip through and have on hand for inspiration. I followed SSS70 (The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge) for this layout. I always did love layers. I of course had to add my own spin to the main image. I paper pieced her skirt and flower and added a bit of dimension to her ukelele. Quick, little card, but hopefully it surprised my good friend.



Tammi - Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful celebration with that sweet family of yours. Mahalo for your friendship!!!!

Stamps: The Greeting Farm, sentiment - Garden Gnome (Whipper Snapper Designs)
Paper: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, My Mind's Eye
Extras: Waterfall Stickles, dimensionals, Copics, tiny pearl and ribbon

No comments: