Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Roundup

I hope everyone enjoyed a lovely Easter celebration this past weekend!! We unfortunately had a sick toddler on our hands. Charlotte came down with a fever last Friday night and battled it all weekend long. No more symptoms showed up until  Monday, when she developed a sore throat and runny nose. Thankfully the fever is gone, but now we are dealing with a nasty cold.. We've been resting up, watching a few shows, cuddling and playing around with a few Easter goodies.

We did manage to complete a few Easter themed traditions and crafts the weeks leading up to the holiday. I thought I  would go ahead and at least share those along with a few pictures. I've included links to the ideas I got off of Pinterest in case you want to save any of these for next year.


 Our first paint craft, were these easy PomPom Easter Eggs. Instead of using regular paintbrushes, you paint with pompoms clipped in clothespins. The first one she did was just dots, the second she experimented by swirling the colors around and the third she just flat out painted a random picture. I love that she enjoys doing crafty projects!!


I love changing up our chalkboard every month! I liked the simple lines on this one, plus C walked around the house singing this for the past few weeks!! 



C has really enjoyed creating several hand and footprint images for each holiday. For Easter, we decided to make these super cute bunny footprints and a patch of fist pump carrots :-) I love doing these art projects with her because they are easy, quick and leave me with a little memento of how small she once was!


 The week leading up to Easter, I surprised C with a special Bento style lunch everyday. I saw several people doing this all over Instagram and I'm glad I gave it a go because she absolutely loved it!  Here's another example, from my favorite mama blogger, using only fruit and color matching them to the eggs!


If you pin any of these, be sure to do this one: Shaving Cream Easter Eggs. This was probably my favorite Easter craft! They turned out super cute and C really had a blast making them. In fact, we made quite few.  It was the perfect activity for a rainy day and kept her busy for quite awhile. She loved the sensory aspect of squirting the shaving cream and mixing the colors. She also really loved using the squeegee. I can definitely see us incorporating this technique into other crafts!


 Every Easter, I make this Makeover Moist Carrot Cake. In fact, I've blogged about it before many years ago and I even used this recipe (minus the nuts) as C's first birthday cake. It is soooooo good. This time around I followed the recipe, but poured the batter into muffin tins. They baked for about 20 minutes and made it easier to share with others.



Even though we was running a high fever Saturday night, she still begged to dye some Easter eggs. It was the first time she has ever done it and she really did enjoy it. She also enjoyed having an impromptu color mixing lesson.


The night before Peter Cottontail came bouncing through our house, we stayed up making a few of these jelly bean bracelets to stuff in a few eggs. C loves jelly beans and just recently discovered how wonderful candy jewelry can be, lol. These were easy to complete and would also be great for birthday parties or other holidays!


Easter morning we tried to recreate these fun bunny pancakes as a special breakfast. Now I will admit, that ours does look slightly scary/rabid, lol. However, in the eyes of a 3 year old it looks like a masterpiece. We used pancakes, turkey bacon, cool whip, apple slices, strawberry and jelly beans. The pupils are blackberry pieces and the whiskers are almonds.


My favorite part of her Easter basket was this fun Roly-Poly Playground . She has been obsessed with hunting for roly-polys all over our yard so this was right up her alley. You catch them for the day, feed them a few things, observe them and then let them go later in the day. Do you call them Roly-polys or Pill Bugs? We might have a slight debate going on about it!

I'm so glad we got in so many fun activities before my little bunny got sick. This is a perfect example of using Pinterest to make you look like a rockstar mom. I love finding ideas on there and try to only pin things that I will honestly consider trying or doing sometime. Have you Pinned and Did any Pinterest ideas lately? I'd love to see them!!!

No comments: