Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fairy Birthday



This is a new Maybelle set in this year's TAC catty. It's called Birthday Girl and it's uber ca-ute! Comes with 2 precious little girls, a butterfly, a bunch of sentiments and a party flag banner. My image is stamped on TAC white. I colored her in with Copics; also added some cheek highlights with a Sharpie Poster-Paint pen. Her wings, outfit, cupcake and wand were all paper pieced on using the fabulous More Mimi paper. Is that print not perfect for a little party dress? By paper piecing her wings on, I was able to give it a more layered look. I went over the pink wings with Bubble Gum Shimmerz. The image was carefully cut out and raised with dimensionals. I followed this layout that I found on the Friday Sketchers blog. Cool right? I LOVE the half circle in the background. On the inside, I stamped the following sentiment: Happy birthday with sprinkles on top! (It's included in the set) Thanks for stopping by!!!!

I am a TAC demo. If you have any question about our our products, just let me know!

Stamps: Fairy Birthday (TAC)
Paper: TAC white, Chocolate Chip, More Mimi (TAC)
Ink: Memento Black
Other: Copics, circle Nesties, Sharpie Poster-Paint pen, dimensional, Bubble Gum Shimmerz, Pearl mini brads (TAC), Mimi ribbon (TAC), Lemonade Blossom (TAC)

9 comments:

Chris said...

Wow Kim - this is just stunning. I can't wait to cut into my More Mimi but I know it'll never look this good. Just beautiful!

Michelle said...

BEAUTIFUL - LOVE how you paper pieced her and cut her out - you have very steady hands!! Gorgeous card, Kim one of my favorties by far!!

Anna said...

Kim! Way too cute! It looks fab! I need to get this set!

Stampin'Piper said...

What a cute card! Great work!

Thanks for playing with my sketch and joining the Friday Sketchers!

Hugs Tanja

Barb said...

Beautiful card, Kim! Luvin' all of the circles and paper piecing!!!

Tammi said...

I've been wanting this set ever since I saw Michelle do up a cute card with this girl, your really making me want it too...wow Kim, this whole card is gorgeous!! Love the paper piecing, you always know the right combos, pretty papers and colors on this!

debbies said...

It is very very cute!!! You rock paper piecing!!!

Sonia said...

Love this cute card!!!.. Great Job!

**Sony**

Sonia said...

Love this cute card!!!.. Great Job!

**Sony**