Friday, July 31, 2009

Have a Nice Day


The sketch challenge on SCS this week is fabulous. It's easy, which I like, but it's perfect for using larger images. I dug through my stack of images that friends have so graciously sent me over the years and I stumbled across this one. Tammi sent it to me (thanks sweetie). It's called Have A Nice Day by Ladybug and Friends. Tammi and I both love umbrella images :) and it actually rained yesterday. Yep, water fell from the sky. That unfortunately hasn't been happening too often in our part of Texas so we were grateful for the little shower. When it's cloudy and rainy out, it makes the perfect stampin' weather so I enjoyed it while I could and started creating. The image is colored in with Copics. I went over all of the rain drops with Stardust Stickles and added some cheek hightlights with a Sharpie Poster-Paint pen. I haven't used Stickles or Dew Drops in awhile, so I was proud of myself for digging them out of my stash. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy your weekend!

Stamps: Have a Nice Day (Ladybug and Friends, Joan Elliot), Scattered Showers (PTI)
Paper: Baja Breeze, TAC white, My Mind's Eye - Fruit Flavored
Ink: Palette Burnt Umber
Other: Copics, Sharpie Poster-Paint pen, rectangle Nesties, Stardust Stickles, Hydrangea Dew Drops, Kraft Taffeta
Copics: E51, E53, E31, E33, E35, E37, BG10, BG72, BG93, G20, G21, G24, R20, R24

8 comments:

Anna said...

So cute, Kim! Fab colors and layout!

Tammi said...

That IS a fab sketch, you always do a fantastic job on any sketch Kim! Love your cute card, so many pretty colors and the dew drops are a nice touch! Have a great weekend! ~Hugs

debbies said...

Super cute Kim!!! Woo Hoo for the rain!

Michelle said...

Kim - this card is too cute! Love the image and your papers!!

Barb said...

Adorable! Such pretty colors and great coloring :)

Jules said...

Hi Kim

Great image - I can almost feel the wind and rain in my face!!

Beautiful colours and layout.

Love Jules xx

Chelsea said...

I love your card and all of your coloring ... it is a GREAT image! The colors you chose for this project are terrific!

Cindy Haffner said...

Just darling, and sweet.