Saturday, February 7, 2009

Kris' Kit


This is the kit that Kris sent. I absolutely love how this card turned out. I love the layers and how such a small image ended up not looking so tiny on a big card. I followed Mojo 72 for the layout. For the little Memory Box penguin, I colored everything in with Koh-i-noor pencils. I then cut out the heart and raised it with a dimensional. I went over the heart and rose with Bubble Gum Shimmerz. I kinda goofed up in a good way on the button. I put too much Crystal Effects on it when I went glue it down, so it was everywhere. The good thing is, to fix it I just covered the entire button with Crystal Effects. Then to make it look like it fit in with the rest of the card, I went over the heart and rose with Crystal Effects too. You can still see the Shimmerz underneath it!! For the sentiment, I cut out some circles with my Nesties. I then inked up one of the hearts from Papertrey Ink's Heart Prints set and stamped it with Fresh Snow. It gave a very faded, but perfectly outlined heart on the pattern paper. To view all of the cards made with this kit, click here.

Stamps: Memory Box penguin, Heart Prints (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Basic Grey Bittersweet, Regal Rose, Basic Black, PTI white
Ink: Brilliance Graphite, Fresh Snow (PTI)
Other: black Scrapper's Floss, Basic Grey Bittersweet button, dimensional, word window punch, circle Nesties, scallop scissors, Koh-i-noor pencils, Bubble Gum Shimmerz, Crystal Effects, Doodlebug stitched grosgrain, Cuttlebug folder

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are ROCKIN' these kits!
I love this layout. So cute.

Rachel Hope said...

SOOO Cute!!! love the button and the glossy box

Anna said...

Kim, these are great! I love this layout with this image! It turned out perfectly! I love the layout on Jess's kit too!

Tammi said...

Sometimes goofs work out for the best, love the button and heart...and great way to do the sentiment, this is adorable!

Dara said...

this is really pretty...my son loves penguins

Emily said...

Your card is adorable! Love the colors and your use of the hearts embossing folder. It all goes so well together. Nice job!

Cindy Motz said...

Oh I love this! So pretty Kim, this card rocks! I love the layout and all your details.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just adorable. Thanks for playing! :)

Jessica said...

So cool, the shiny button actually looks awesome - happy mistake!