Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Faux Stitching Challenge


Time for a Jacksonbelle Embellishments Challenge. Lindsey LOVES faux stitching! Your challenge this week is to add some stitching to your cards - wether it be faux or real. We would love to see your designs, so please use the keyword JBE037 when uploading to SCS.

I was super excited to see this week's challenge. I love faux stitching and use it a lot on my cards. It's quick, easy to do and adds so much detail. I normally do straight faux stitching with a white gel pen, but I decided to do something a little different this time. The October Afternoon paper that I used here reminded me of a baby blanket, so I did a blanket stitch. All you do is pierce holes around the image, then draw straight lines from the hole to the edge of the paper. Finally you take your marker and draw a fine edge around the outside. To make the stitching look even more real, I like to add a button. Here I attached a Basic Grey Ambrosia button with brown Scrapper's Floss. I used Mojo 71 for the layout. I can't wait to see what y'all come up with.

Don't forget to check out what the other design team gals did with this challenge:
AJ Otto
Beth Thomas
Heather Lee-Reppen
Jennifer Buck
Jill Dunn
Kisa Peters
Lindsey Botkin
Lynda Benden
Maren Benedict
Melissa Bove
Michelle Worner
Rachel Hope
Shannan Teubner
Taylor Usry

Check out the Jacksonbelle Embellishments. New items have been added which include: Memory Box paper and stamps as well as Melissa Frances embellishments!!!

Stamps: Prima Giraffe, Little Tidbits (TAC, retired)
Paper: October Afternoon - Chilly Morning (doublesided), Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, Wild Wasabi
Ink: Palette Burnt Umber
Other: Basic Grey Ambrosia button, Chocolate Chip marker, paper piercer, mat pack, brown Scrapper's Floss, square Nestie, Papaya stitch grosgrain (A Muse)

12 comments:

Barb said...

Too cute, Kim. Love the blanket stitching, button & bow accent!

Rebecca said...

I love the color that you added with the bow and the button. It's an awesome baby card!

Jill said...

Cute! I like the blanket stitch look. Fun, fun!

Nicole Bailey said...

LOVE the faux stitching....so cute!
TFS>

MaryNSC said...

O this is so cute!! LOVING your BLOG!!!
Making ME HUNGRY too..LOLOLOL

Leslie said...

What a sweet card! You are so good at faux stitching!

Lynda Benden said...

Darling card Kim!! I used Julee's sketch too!!! Your stitching is wonderful and the little giraffe is so cute!

Tammi said...

Wonderful card, neat faux stitching too!

Cindy Motz said...

How adorable, I love the button and the blanket stitch, how perfect for a baby card!

Jessica said...

Love this layout, love the papers yo paired together, and love your faux stitching! Great job!

Christy said...

I just love this sweet little card!! PERFECT!

Bev said...

Fabulous card - love the colours
hugs Bev x