Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Nightshade

Nightshade (China Bayles Mystery, Book 16) Nightshade by Susan Wittig Albert


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
Book 16 in the China Bayles Mysteries

This mystery hits very close to home for China. Her half brother, Miles, has been investigating their father's accident for the past couple books now. He is on the verge of breaking the case wide open and proving that their father was indeed murdered. Unfortunately, his good snooping skills makes him the victim of a hit and run. Now it's up to China and McQuaid to put the pieces of the puzzle together and uncover many family secrets. I really enjoyed this book. The mystery and story line captured me right from the start. Some of the chapters were told from McQuaid's point of view and it was interesting to see his thought process. I also really liked the setting this time. Some of the story took place in a little Tx town called Shiner. I drive through there often and could just picture everything perfectly. I just love this series and I can't wait for the next book to come out!!!


View all my reviews.

1 comment:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Oooh I am ready to get a pile of good reading books since I seem to have so much sitting taking it easy time right now...I will have to look for this series at the library when we go next!