Monday, September 1, 2008

Tiny Nest


Okay, I fibbed about not posting anything else today, but I couldn't resist showing y'all these pictures. We've been outside, enjoying the cooler weather (90's, LOL) and cleaning up the yard a bit. We have a severely overgrown jasmine bush by our garage. It's growing on a trellis and is in desperate need of a haircut. We were discussing on how to trim it up when we noticed an old abandoned bird's nest carefully placed inside. Back in the Spring, I remember coming outside and there were 3 little baby birds hoping around on our driveway. They had just left their nest and were learning how to fly. The mom was flying around all frantic and chirping like crazy when we came outside. I'm wondering if this is the nest they hatched from. I'm just amazed every time I see one of these. I think it is so cool how an animal can weave something so delicate and intricate. I can cup it in the palm of my hand. Looks like the outside was made from strands of our Pampas grass. Just had to share!

2 comments:

Tammi said...

I love these too, what a great picture of that nest! It IS incredible how they build them and with what! TFS

Cindy Motz said...

That is so cool! What a great picture!