Saturday, September 6, 2008

Camper Kinda Day

I got to ink up some new stamps today. When A Muse opened their new website a couple weeks ago, these were two of the stamps that where on my first order. I know quite a few people who like to go camping and I thought these images would be perfect for making guy cards. I used Julee's Mojo 49 Sketch! My images were stamped with Palette Noir and then colored in using Koh-i-noor pencils and OMS. I'm so proud of myself because I pulled out my Micron pen and doodled some ground in! I used my mat pack and paper piercer to poke some holes around the edges. My super talented friend Tammi has been using buttons a lot of her cards lately and I always love them. So I finally remembered to pull out my button jar and follow her lead. I tied some brown Scrapper's Floss in the center. Love that stuff because it's so thin and it doesn't bulk up my button when I glue it down. I just used my trusty ol' Mono Multi glue and stuck it on the photo corner punch! The sentiment is punched out using the Marvy Extra Jumbo Scallop Circle. I just sponged the edges with Palette Burnt Umber to make it stand out more. Finally, I used my new Houndstooth folder and ran it through the Cuttlebug for the Rust strip. Isn't that paper perfect for these image? I found it at Archiver's last week and had to snatch up a piece. Hope y'all are having a wonderful weekend!

Stamps: Fishing Trip, Camper & sentiment (A Muse)
Paper: Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip, Cosmo Cricket (Happy Campers), Really Rust, So Saffron, White
Ink: Palette Noir, Palette Burnt Umber
Other: mat pack, paper piercer, Photo Corner punch, Really Rust button, Brown Scrapper's Floss, Marvy Extra Jumbo Scallop circle punch, dimensional, Koh-i-noor pencils, OMS, Houndstooth CB folder, Micron pen

15 comments:

Jessica said...

This is awesome!! I love the colors, the layout, everything!

Michelle said...

I love the colors! What a great card!

Barb said...

This is so cute... I'm not a camper, but I love that image! Great coloring, too, Kim!

Rachel Hope said...

I love the colors...layout and you coloring...Awesome card!

Danni said...

Wow! what an awesome card! I love it! That paper is so great and it goes so well with this. Awesome!

Tammi said...

Kim! Wow, so cute!! That paper totally matches, your coloring is amazing and I love the road you made, and that button adds a nice little touch ;), great card!

Colleen Wold said...

What a great card! Your coloring is simply fabulous! That stamp is so darn cute!

Jennie M said...

Oh my goodness! This is adorable!! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Super cute, Kim! Love that background paper! I also like how you did the sentiment with the circle at the bottom. Anna

Dana said...

That is sooo stinkin' cute!!! Love it!

Niki Estes said...

Very cute! I love the colors!

Rhonda said...

KIM!!! OMGoodness!!! This is complete AWESOMENESS woman!!! Love everything about this card, it's smokin!!! Cool paper to go with those A Muse stamps!! Now I'm gonna need to search for it!!! Thanks for sharing this!!!

Suzanne said...

I don't think you've ever made a card that isn't awesome! I love everything about this - color, layout, image - everything! :)

Catherine said...

this is too cute, love the stamp and matching PP =)

KatyGirl said...

My goodness! It amazes me that everything you make turns out stunning!!!