Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Critter Wish

Did y'all see this week's color challenge on SCS? I haven't done one of these challenges in awhile, but I'm so glad I peeked in on the thread today because I LOVE these colors together! I dug through my Wish-RAK pile and decided to use this cute image from Penny Black. Why can't all mice look that adorable? The ovals are cut with Lg. Classic & Lg. Classic Scallop Nestabilities. I used my Koh-i-noor pencils and OMS to color in the image. I think that I'm going to practice blowing out a bday candle like that. My bday is right around the corner and I wouldn't complain having a cupcake that large! The sentiment is from SU's So Many Sayings. I used Polo button brads from TAC on both ends of the oval. I ran the Teal background through the Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots folder and the Olive strip using the Distressed Stripes. The stripes reminded me of the paper around the cupcake! Thanks for stoppin' by!

Stamps: Clear Critter Set (Penny Black), So Many Sayings (SU)
Paper: White (TAC,V-292), Elegant Eggplant, Taken with Teal, Old Olive
Ink: Palette Noir (TAC,TT-220)
Other: Lg. Classic & Scallop Oval Nestabilities, Koh-i-noor pencils, OMS, Polo button brads (TAC,D-306), Swiss Dots Cuttblebug folder, Distressed Edges Cuttlebug folder, scallop scissors, Old Olive polytwill

9 comments:

Taylored Greetings said...

That is ADORABLE!!!!

Melissa said...

Kim, this is adorable!

Jessica said...

This is sooo cute! You rocked that color challenge and I love this layout!

Rachel Hope said...

OMG!!!! Adorable image...Awesome coloring and Wonderful card! KIM for DD!!!!

Danni said...

Soo, sooo cute!! Love this! It's just perfect....the colors, the coloring....love it!
When is your bday? Mine is the 4th. Maybe we can have a cupcake together!

Cindy Motz said...

OMCute! Love it, what an adorable image! By the way, you've been tagged. :)

Suzanne said...

This is darling! I'll have to try this challenge this week - I love the colors, too!

Barb said...

Sooooo cute!

Danni said...

I have something for you on my blog!
http://dannisdreamscrafts.blogspot.com/2008/08/oh-my-another-one.html