Friday, June 20, 2008

Hello Fifi

Happy Friday everyone. I found some time this afternoon to try out a couple challenges. First up, I used Taylor's Cupcake Challenge #21. How cool is that layout? It is definitely going into my favs so I can use it again!!! Next up, I found a "new to me" blog this morning that I'm so lovin'. Check it out here. Every Thursday Kristina posts a pic from a retail store and inspires you to use certain colors from it on your cards or scrapbooks. LOVE it and I love the colors she has found so far. I went ahead and tried out the very first color combo because it popped out at me. So on to the card details. My adorable Fifi image is stamped with Palette Burnt Umber. I then colored her in with my Koh-i-noor pencils and blended with OMS. I tried something new that my wonderful friend Tammi shared with me. I used a Pink Azalea Twinkling H2O to shade in the darker pink. It gave it just a little shimmer too!!! Thanks for the tip Tammi. Here is a tutorial by Ila that she shared with me awhile back. To finish it off, I used a corner rounder on the edges and used the slot punch to create an opening for the ribbon. The circles are cut using my Coluzzle and the teensy tiny brads are from Queen and Company. Thanks for stoppin' by!

Stamps: Fifi (Stamping Bella), Tag Tidbits (TAC, T-1186)
Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Stampin' Up! Print Sampler
Ink: Palette Burnt Umber (TAC, TT-218)
Other: corner rounder, slot punch, Pumpkin grosgrain, circle Coluzzle (TAC, A-84001), dimensional, Scrap and the City brads (Queen & Company), Koh-i-noor pencils, OMS, Pink Azalea Twinkling H2O

5 comments:

Cindy Motz said...

Kim I love the color combo! That is a great layout, too. Super cute card!

Taylor said...

This is so cute, Kim! I do love those colors! Thanks for playing the challenge and for your well wishes on my new venture! I will keep you updated!

Danni said...

Very cute! Lots of great things incorporated into this card!
I'm loving the slot punch to put the ribbon through..might have to try that as my slot punch is very lonely!!

Rachel Hope said...

LOL...so cute!!

Ila said...

What a Gorgeous card!! I love the color combo....layout and your Fabulous coloring on this image!! Thanks so much for mentioning my tutorial.