Thursday, April 10, 2008

Bella Sketch 23

Did y'all see this week's bella sketch challenge? It's an easy layout so you have no excuse not to play!! I think that this is my most used bella. I just love everything about her. I also love this Basic Grey Infuse paper (Thanks Kris!!!!). Since I didn't have a pink that totally matched that background, I decided to paper piece her dress on; another thing that I often do with this bella. After coloring the flowers in, I added some crystal effects to the roses to make them pop. I also stamped the pot on Close to Cocoa cardstock, cut it out and raised it with a dimensional. I dug out the slit punch to decorate the bottom corner. Why don't I use that more often? I really like that little piece with the brad and it's not like it took long to do. To finish the whole card off I glued some pattern paper on River Rock cardstock. Then used some decorative scallop scissors along the bottom. Voila another bday card scratched off the list. I think I have 1 more to go for this month. Happy Stamping!!!!

Stamps: Flowahbella (Stamping Bella), Warmest Regards
Paper: River Rock, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White, Basic Grey Infuse (Hope Stamps Eternal)
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Other: Artichoke grosgrain, scallop scissors, Crystal Effects, dimensional, slit punch, brad

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card. I love how you did the flowers too.

Danni said...

Another great card! You have some of the neatest ideas...like for the flowers!
Love the use of the slit punch here! I bought one and have never used it. Might have to try something like this!!

Rachel Hope said...

Lovely!!!! The flowers are great!

Lynn Put said...

Kim,
This is so pretty, I love the colors you used and how you popped the flower pot and the BG designer paper looks gorgeous with this!