Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Snappy Birthday Challenge

Did you see today's sketch challenge on SCS? It's fabulous. I'll definitely being using this one over and over again! I made this for my nephew who has a birthday next week. I stamped my images and created a party scene on watercolor paper with Palette Noir. I just love this set, it always makes me smile and it's so much fun to play with! I colored everything in with SU markers and a Niji waterbrush. The present was stamped on a separate piece of paper, colored and cut out so I could glue it where I wanted it. I also stamped, colored and cut out an additional party hat and claw. Those are both raised with a dimensional. The polka dots on the hat and the bow on the present are covered in Stickles. Of course I had to add some googly eyes to the crab. The Celery cardstock was run through the Cuttlebug with the Tiny Bubbles folder. The Taken with Teal piece is stamped in the same color with Canvas. This is actually an old color challenge that it one of my favs! Thanks for stopping by and looking.

Stamps: Crab & Company, Canvas
Paper: Black, Certainly Celery, Real Red, Taken with Teal, watercolor
Ink: Palette Noir, Taken with Teal
Other: Tiny Bubbles Cuttlebug folder, Celery grosgrain, dimensionals, Stardust Stickles, googly eyes, SU markers, Niji waterbrush
Markers Used: Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral, Real Red, Certainly Celery, Mellow Moss, Tempting Turquoise, Taken with Teal

4 comments:

Colleen Wold said...

Such a fun, cute, adorable card, Kim!!! I absolutely LOVE the colors and you are right, that layout is FAB! I might have to give it a shot this week. I am WAY behind on those sketch challenges! Great card...as always! YOU ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Who wouldn't LOVE to receive this card. It's so cute!!! Your coloring is wonderful!
LOSTie Debbie

Danni said...

Love this! Especially the googly eyes!

Melissa said...

This is a GREAT card, but that's not surprising. You always make AWESOME stuff!!