Sunday, October 7, 2007

A Good Year

We just got done watching a great movie called A Good Year. It was a really sweet romantic comedy that was full of spectacular cinematography. Oh my goodness that chateau and vineyard were gorgeous, even if it did need a little work. We laughed several times, especially at the Smart car! The characters were all perfect. Russell Crowe did a marvelous job and it was nice to see him in a role like this. My favorite parts were the flashbacks to young Max with his uncle. I'm actually in total shock at the moment because the uncle was played by Albert Finney who I have seen in many, many movies and did not realize until the first 5 minutes of this one just who he was. As soon as I heard his voice, I shot up and gasped... he played Daddy Warbucks in Annie!!! I guess he just talked with his regular accent in this movie, but I would have never known that was him from his other roles. My mom is now rolling her eyes because I watched Annie way too many times growing up! I'm definately going to have to check out the Peter Mayle book that this movie was adapted from.
Rating: 4/5

No comments: