Saturday, August 25, 2007

Mom's Cobbler

Remember all of those dewberries (blackberries) we picked in the backyard?? Well I finally made my first cobbler with them. It was super yummy and the good news is we still have a ton of berries left..WooHoo. I was asked to share my recipe when I got around to making it, so here it is. I use my mom's recipe. It's really good with peaches and a sprinkle of cinnamon/nutmeg too!

Mom's Cobbler:

1/2 c. butter
3/4 c. flour
about 1 3/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. milk
3 c. fruit (if you use frozen fruit, thaw it out first!)

Melt butter in baking dish. Mix together 3/4 c. sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and milk. Pour over butter, but don't stir!!! Put fruit on top of the batter and sprinkle with remaining sugar (I just put an even coat over the fruit). Bake at 350˚ for about 30 minutes.

It's super good warmed up and served with a dollop of vanilla ice cream :)

1 comment:

Tracy H said...

OMGosh, if only the internet had smell-o-vision!

Well, for this stuff. Not the other stuff out there. (I just had a horrible thought).

Thanks for sharing your recipe too! I happen to have some frozen blackberries in my freezer. YUMMM!