Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Bradalicious

and I'm not talking about Brad Pitt!!! This is for Jody's Dirty Dozen challenge. I about passed out using so many brads because I am a embellishment hoarder, but that's what a challenge is all about! After reading Mama K's blog this moring, I got in the Asian mood. How cool is it that she visited the Great Wall. WOW!

I used my Papertrey Ink Butterfly Kisses set. I stamped the Ruby Red dots on first and then since these stamps are acrylic, I was able to stamp the black lines right on top. I cut my corners and then layered my image on Ruby Red and Black cardstock. Using my paper piercer and mat pack, I punched 3 holes down the center of the butterfly and added brads.

I got the color combo from my faboo Scarlet's Letter Basic Grey paper. The base is Ruby Red. The Certainly Celery is stamped with the Linen background and lined with Basic Black. The edges of my pattern paper are decorated using Deckle scissors. Again I used the mat pack/piercer to punch holes for my brads. My sentiment is actually one stamp, but again since these are acrylic you can ink up your words separately and line them up perfectly. Ribbon is Celery grosgrain!

3 comments:

Tracy H said...

This card is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO DIRTY!!! (giggles) Wahooo! What a great job!

Corie said...

This is so beautiful. Love it

Rhonda said...

Wow! This is cool! Love how you did the butterfly and used the brads, that cracked me up "bradalicious!" :D