Friday, June 1, 2007

Snappy Birthday


Beate did it again by posting this wonderful weekend sketch challenge. She always finds the cutest sketches!!! My base card is cut 5 1/4" x 10 1/2" in Tempting Turqouise. Lovin' that card size!! Plenty of room to play with! The other cardstock I used was Brilliant Blue and Real Red (which is stamped in the Flannel Plaid Background by SU). My Tempting Turquoise strip is stamped with Itty Bitty Backgrounds. The red grosgrain is from Michael's.

How cute is this set?? It is called Crab & Company by SU. I don't think I will ever get bored playing with it. It just makes me giggle. I stamped my crab on Whisper White cardstock and colored him using my aquapainter and SU ink pads in Real Red, Cameo Coral, Pumpkin Pie and YoYo Yellow. The sand is aquapainted with Creamy Carmel and Close to Cocoa and the present is done in Tempting Turquoise and Brilliant Blue. The present it cut out and glued on so that it sticks above my circle. I then stamped another claw, cut it out and raise it using pop dots so it looks like he is holding the present. The image is layered on Brilliant Blue and then a Creamy Carmel giga scallop punch. I took a Brilliant Blue marker and doodled around the scallop edges.

My mini circles are cut out in Brilliant Blue using the smallest circle on the Coluzzle and Whisper White using the 1/8 disc in the Magic Matter set. I simply punched out a scratch circle using my 1/2" circle punch and then traced the 1/8 disc around that circle because I needed a larger circle that the image would fit in. Guess that means I need to break down and get the 3/4" circle punch and save me a step :) My images are colored with the aquapainter using Real Red, Cameo Coral, Pumpkin Pie and YoYo Yellow. After I glued everything down, I decided that my crab needed some big googly eyes. They fit him perfectly. Thank for the inspiration Beate!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a super fun card for this sketch! Thanks so much for playing!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this!!! So summery and fun :)

Tracy H said...

Can you believe I have this set, and only stamped it an plain paper? I haven't made a THING with it! I love your card. It's DARLING!!! Now I want to get busy!

Pam Speidel said...

I just found your blog via Beate's sketch challenge and must say your card is ADORABLE! I'll have to add your blog to my favorites list.
Happy Stampin & Smiles 2 U,
Pam :)
"Stamping with Serendipity"